A Family Visit


I made it through the first week of school! I have 14 students, which is a dream for third grade. So far the students seem to be pretty well behaved. I know it probably want stay that way, but for now that is AWESOME! We went to Jasper this weekend to visit my parents, Brent and Becky, and the girls. Ally and Claire are so big. They are too cute! Brendan asked several times, "Where Nana car go?" We told him it was broken and smashed. She wrecked her car pretty badly. Well, anyway he is now walking around saying, "Nana - car - smashed - it -broken!" That's baby language for you. Also we watched the Opening Ceremony for the Olympics. I'm personally looking forward to seeing the swimming and the diving competitions. Oh yeah, "Thanks to Becky for the pictures!!!" And we all wished Jill, Dave, Grayson, and Griffin had been there too!!!


4 comments:

Jill said...

You need to stop posting at midnight and go to bed....No, really, I'm jealous that you only have 14 students. I'll end up with about 75 if I'm lucky. It'll probably be around 90 if I'm not. Have fun this weekend!

Jeanna said...

Hey I can't help the insomniac that I have become. Learning all new material - Reading, Math, and Science can make your head spin. Wish you were here with the rest of us!

Lindsey Grace said...

hey jeanna!
i found your blog through some friends (jenn marksberry). I saw the name "lamont" and wondered if it was you! your boys are so big now! i can't believe it! glad to hear that you only have 14! that's great! are you still at GWE? i'm staying home this year and working 2 days a week. let me know how you are!
lindsey grace

Jeanna said...

Hey,Lindsey Grace!!!
Yes, I am still at GWE. This next year though I am thinking maybe to put in for a transfer to Moundville to save on gas and to be a bit closer if my kids needed me. Jennifer,my sister,another friend Ashley, and I used to sing together in a group at church back home in Jasper,AL. That's how we know each other. I got to see her baby and your baby through her blog. My theme song for this year though will be "I WILL SURVIVE!!!" It's great to hear that you can stay home and enjoy motherhood.