Space, Shoes, and Sisters

Sunday, we took the boys to the movies once again! This time we watched Space Chimps. With the boys being such monkeys, I thought how fitting. Brendan was captivated by the movie, he didn't budge!!! It seems as if they are trying to make more films for kids lately. We also want to go see Star Wars: "The Clone Wars"!

Tuesday, I picked Brendan up after a long day of teaching. I was really ready to go home and just chill out. Anyway, Brendan was playing in the church gym without his shoes. One of the high school girls who watch him in the afternoon went to look for them. Of course she couldn't find them (his good, brown sandals). So, I decided to just leave and pray that somehow we would get them back. In the meantime, they called Mrs. Susan, his teacher. She told them how mischevious he is and likes to put things in the garbage that do not belong in it! All the girls in the daycare went "Dumpster Diving" and they ended up finding his good, brown sandals. The director, Mrs. Terri, ended up delivering them personally to the house. Needless to say he is now wearing shoes that he can't get off during the day! That's not to say that another dumpster diving session won't happen! That's my little monkey for you!

Thursday night, I went to a "Sisters" event at church. My care group leader, Sonya, invited me to attend and sit at her table. She and her husband have just started coming to church at Valley View. Very godly, sweet people! I truly enjoyed myself. We ate dinner, talked about life, and laughed. The speaker, Paige Hughes, was wonderful. She talked about the seasons of life in women. No matter what season of life we are in we must determine if we are "annuals" or "perennials". We can't just be annuals and let our spiritual lives fade out! We must be perennials and keep blooming over and over again! I am very grateful that I went.

3 comments:

Jill said...

sounds like a good event!!! on another note, you need to tell your little monkey to slow down! :)

Becky Lollar said...

That story cracked me up! Glad you had a good time at the ladies event--sounds like fun!

Jeanna said...

I did have a lot of fun at the women's event! Hopefully I will be doing a lot more of these events. I even signed up to help out in the future so I can be more involved. My little monkey is too hard to slow down. He is at full force 24/7! Wonder who he learned that from?!